Mostrando 507 resultados

Archival description
144 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales
Newspaper and Magazine Clippings
2 · Séries · 1939-1974, predominant 1950's
Parte de Heit Family

Series consists of newspaper and magazine clippings concerning the activities and employment of Jack Heit. Clippings include an article regarding Christmas mail delivery in Sudbury, Ontario in 1939; five clippings mentioning various mine health and safety competitions and awards during the 1950's (with an additional clipping from 1974), and one article concerning Heit's retirement as Deputy Fire Chief in February 1971.

2 · Item · 1967
Parte de Heit Family

One letter addressed to Mrs. Diana Mulcahey, Assistant Programme Director, Recreation Department, City of Sudbury, from Mayor Grace Hartman, dated February 8, 1967. The letter was a reply to a letter sent by Mulcahey on February 6, 1967 concerning a Ringette Tournament the mayor attended. Hartman, in this letter, congratulated Mulcahey on her work with youth, the elderly, and the success of the ringette tournament. The city crest is included in the protocol section of the letter.

School Photographs
2 · Dossiê · 1951-1953
Parte de Heit Family

File contains photographs of the Heit children at school.

2 · Item · 1883 - 1978
Parte de Chelmsford Women's Institute

Item consists of a scrapbook made by the Chelmsford Women's Institute. The scrapbook is divided up into the Origin of Chelmsford; The First Pioneers; St. Joseph's Church (1891 - 1950); Other Churches in the Chelmsford Community; The Presbytery & Cannon (the cannon originally protected the Church of St. Eustache in Quebec during the Papineau War and was located in the 1950's on the lawn in front of the presbytery on the corner of Main and Errington); The Presbytery(1897-1950, new rectory completed 1907) ; St. Joseph's Cemetery; The Municipality of Chelmsford (est 1890 and in 1901 separated from Balfour to become incorporated as a town. The first mayor of the Town of Chelmsford was Raphael Grouix. On January 25, 1915, council passed a motion that all future council meeting minutes be written in French. This section also includes a list of Mayors in Chelmsford from 1901 - 1956); The Chelmsford Parish Hall; The Teachers Federation Group; Hull Bridge; the Grotto of the Convent; The League of the Sacred Heart (est 1957); the Ladies of Sainte Anne (est 1906); the Children of Mary (est 1906); the Religious Order of the Grey Nuns of the Cross; History of St. Joseph's School (1889 - 1958); Ore Discoveries & the History of Nickel; Chelmsford Missionary Priests and Resident Priests (1883 - 1950); Errington Mine; Names of the men who enlisted in the Second World War from the Chelmsford Parish; Electricity in Chelmsford (est November 1947); the Water Works Project in Chelmsford (est 1948); Fire Protection (Fire Brigade est 1949); The Chelmsford Fish and Game Protective Association (est spring of 1949); Azilda (originally named Rayside by CPR but changed by Joseph Belanger to Azilda after his wife); Morgan (bought by American lumbermen George Morgan and James Craig on September 16, 1885); and Larchwood. The final section of the scrapbook is devoted to newspaper clippings concerning local news and events, including agricultural news, important visitors to the area and the activities of the Chelmsford Women's Institute along with a photograph of the members of the Chelmsford Women's Institute at their Fall Tea and Fashion Show on October 13, 1956. Tucked against the back cover of the scrapbook is a picture of Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir along with various newspaper clippings including the obituary of George Cvitkovich (ca.1907-1978), husband of Rose Cvitkovich, Convener of Historical Research for the Chelmsford Women's Institute, who compiled the scrapbooks.